Reporting an agency for systematic abuse can be risky for a health care professional.
Why is it especially risky for a doctor in a U.S. military detention site?
Report Risks at CIA & Army Detention Sites
- Medical officers are subordinate to the Command.
- Insubordination can lead to court martial.
- Information is classified and security breaches can lead to imprisonment.
- It is very difficult to get messages safely to an outside authority.
- Army personnel may shun or threaten a whistleblower who is identified.